Our nursery children develop in to “Butterflies” at around three years old and move into our Pre-School room.
What does this mean for your son or daughter?
All our Butterflies continue to follow the Early
Years Foundation Stage curriculum;guiding them through the
7 vital areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Understanding the World
The 3 prime area are equally important and interdependent, and are supported and implemented using the 4 specific areas, through a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
It also means they will be taking part in some fantastic, additional Pre-School activities, which are carefully designed to help prepare them for the next stages in their learning journey. These activities include:
- Special Time - a small group activity planned to stretch a child’s concentration, usually based around a numeracy or literacy theme to help prepare your child for their time at school.
- Music - our Butterflies have special music sessions with a musically talented member of staff, helping their creativity and preparing them further for their time at school.
- P.E – this takes place usually in the garden. Activities to improve balance, hand/eye coordination and spatial awareness are all included.
- Forest Fun– this is an ALL year round activity where children get the chance to achieve in all seven areas of the curriculum, as well as building their team skills and problem solving abilities. All of this is based out in the fresh air.
Your child will benefit hugely from these different and very special activities whilst they build understanding, teamwork, motor skills and self-confidence.
If your child is staying for lunch or supper you may either bring your own food or you are most welcome to make use of our delicious and nutritious nursery lunches, cooked on the premises.